Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sisters

Sisters share a special bond and I am so lucky to have  an amazing sister! She has always been there for me, through thick and thin. And we just have such a great time together! I can never be bored when she's around- too bad she decided to go all the way to Canada for college! I'm trying to convince her to transfer to Lehigh or UT. I told her if she went to Lehigh that I was coming back with her!!! Canada is just way too far!

For some reason nobody liked calling my sister by her real name so since she was young I used to make up nicknames for her. She'll go by almost anything! We've called her pooshoo, pouchy, and then I played the game of life and there was a square called "moo-shoo floo attack." Since then I've called her moo, moo-shoo, mooshy, moo-moo, moo-moo-bear. Then I read the old man and the sea and the man's name was santiago, I liked something about that name so I called her santiago for a while. Then I watched this lifetime movie where this girl was kidnapped when she was young. Then she found her real family and discovered she had a dad. So she runs up to him and goes I have a POPPPPY! So now my sister's name is poppy, pops, popsy, popsies, and it's stuck for a while now :)

Anyway I don't know what I would do without my poppy! And I'm glad I don't have to share my poppy. She only has classes on tues & thurs so we skype almost everyday of the week... sometimes we just have each other on skype while we are doing other things and don't even talk to each other! It's almost like she is here and we are hanging out!

Don't get me wrong we've had our fair share of fighting- and scars for that matter! But I think we're pretty much over the cat fights now :) And we can talk to each other about anything and everything! She's one awesome little sister!

P.S Dad's really mad at us because our phone bill was double what it usually is. #nomoretexting :( Canada's not even really a different country it shouldn't count as international texts. I think we should just go with the but we just love and miss each other so much route, when we get in trouble! So naturally the first thing I did when dad got mad at me was to text you, Poppy... haha oops.

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."  ~Linda Sunshine
"A younger sister is someone to use as a guinea-pig in trying sledges and experimental go-carts. Someone to send on messages to Mum. But someone who needs you - who comes to you with bumped heads, grazed knees, tales of persecution. Someone who trusts you to defend her. Someone who thinks you know the answers to almost everything."
~ Pam Brown

"Most are like my sister and me... linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best."  ~Patricia Volk
"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."  ~Isadora James
"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child."
~ Barbara Alpert



"My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get," ~
My Wish by Rascal Flatts

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sri, this brought tears to my eyes! I always thought if my parents had had another girl after me that I would have smothered her with a pillow, but this makes me reconsider! A lot of other sister siblings I know are so mean to each other which is why I always thought I never wanted one. Love your blog!

    Oh, this is Marianne by the way, I didn't realize my Google Screen name is what would come out on here.

    ReplyDelete