Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Holiday Wish List

Now that Halloween is over and it's officially November that means the holiday season is just around the corner! Christmas already?! It just feels so early. As soon as Nov 1st hits stores and businesses whip out all their holiday stuff. Stores are going to start putting out Christmas displays and people are going to start looking for the perfect gifts for friends and family. And Starbucks switched to the red holiday cups, my favorite! I do not celebrate Christmas for religious reasons... just for fun. I mean who doesn't love the lights, trees and the spirit of giving!


In my search for employment I've been bored and poor. Usually when I get emails from anthropologie, or free people, or nordstroms i just delete them, because I am usually too busy too online shop. But it seems that I have a lot of time on my hands lately so I open the emails and then something catches my eye.... so I click on it and it takes me to their site. And then I fall in love, sometimes it's the perfect dress, and other times the most adorable pair of shoes. Then I leave the website open on my computer for days looking at this item (that I definitely don't need) but absolutely love. And then I think responsibly  to myself - for the price of those shoes I could apply to 2 grad schools. I know I can be a nerd, but it's reality. So I started just adding everything I like to wish lists. And now I can just put anything I like on there and revisit them whenever I like! I don't expect anyone to ever buy me anything off the lists but I like just having everything I want together. I think wish lists are a great idea and I am glad that I finally discovered them :)  
I know that material things are not important in life, but a girl could always use a new pair of shoes right? :)

My sister looked at my Nordstrom's wish list and her only advice to me was "You better marry rich, very very rich."

I mean they always say you have to dream big to win big, right?


I fell in LOVE with this watch 4 yrs ago. Sometimes I still dream of it....
 "Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success."                                                            "Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celibrate just living"                           "Once again we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice."


No comments:

Post a Comment