Sunday, October 16, 2011

Harry Potter

Trina, Kush, Neil and at HP 7.1!
My sister and I before HP 7.2!
Lindsay and I before HP 6 with Meera!
It was bound to come sooner or later but I will admit I LOVE HARRY POTTER! I would say my love started in 5th grade. I had this awesome teacher who gave every single kid a hard cover harry potter book as a holiday gift! I read the first book and I was hooked (and this was before harry potter became as big as it is now). At the time only the first 3 books were out, so I read them all! Then I went to the midnight release of the 4th book at Barnes & Nobles that summer. And since then I have been to every single midnight book release. And I have seen all 8 of the movies at midnight. It has always given me something to look forward to; so needless to say it was bittersweet for me when harry potter 7.2 was released this summer.

Anthony and I at Halloween senior night!
I love harry potter because it's a new world where you can escape reality for a while and dream of flying on brooms and casting spells. I feel like I grew up with harry potter because he was always the same age as me as I read the books. I'm in the process of rereading them all right now. By rereading I mean listening to the audiotapes as I fill out grad school applications. It's funny because we have harry potter 1,2,3 on cassette tape (who uses those anymore) and then we have 4,5,6 on CD and harry potter 7 on itunes/ ipod. So it's crazy to see how much technology has changed over the last 10-15 years!
I cannot wait for Pottermore to be open to the public. And it would just be all my dreams come true to go to Harry Potter World in Orlando- I get excited just thinking about it! Who wants to plan a trip with me?! Well once I have more than $0.25 cents to my name that is :)

Also this is my favorite youtube video HARRY POTTER puppet pals :)

“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 

3 comments:

  1. Say thank you you looking for another extraordinary article. Where else could anybody suffer from that kind of intelligence in such a gargantuan path of writing.

    Some people are too smart to be confined to the classroom walls! Here's a look at other famous school/college dropouts.
    Check out here for Smart People

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirts for HP7.2 that y'all made are so cool! Remember those amazing "Weasley is our king" ones we saw at HP6?

    ReplyDelete