Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Equality




I wonder if I will ever see true equality in my lifetime. Some may say we already have equality. but when women are still only getting paid $0.77 cents for every dollar men get; and when people are still discriminated against for the color of their skin; and when gay marriage is only legal in 6 states. How can you call that equality?!


Be treated equally. 
Love is blind. Why does it concern straight people if gay marriage. If you are not gay I don't think you should have a say in the matter. (Just like if you don't have a uterus I don't think you should be allowed to vote on abortion laws- but that's another topic for another day). I wish that people could see how unfair and unjust it is to not allow everyone to marry the love of their life. And how is it fair that women are getting paid less money for the same work as men.  We can pretend that there is equality in America, but we have a lot of work to do before equality for all is actually a reality.

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol


"We need to guarantee equal rights and civil rights and say that, here in America, workers have the right to organize-women have the right to choose- and justice belongs to everyone regardless of race or gender or sexual orientation." ~Senator Kerry


"Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up." ~ Jesse Jackson


"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, so we're really not that different, me and you." ~ Colin Raye

No comments:

Post a Comment