Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rudeness


During my week on the east coast I encountered some plain old rude people. I was trying to find my bus in philly so I asked the lady who worked at the station where I could find my bus. Her reply "outside with the other busses." Wow, how am I supposed to know that, I don't live here. Then I walk outside and don't see my bus, so I asked another guy if this was the right bus or where mine would be. He said "let's see" and turned around to face the bus "M-E-G-A megabus, nope don't think this is it." I told him he didn't have to be so rude I could read as I walked away.

I wonder what people get out of being mean and rude and acting superior to others. I get so much joy out of being nice and kind to others. I don't know why some people are just plain old mean. Life is too short to be a grouch. So I always say but on a smile and live everyday. 

"Spite and ill-nature are among the most expensive luxuries in life." ~Samuel Johnson

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ~ Eric Hoffer

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these." ~ George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment