Tuesday, April 3, 2012

life plans


I haven't blogged in way too long! I've just been tutoring and working at a scrapbooking store which I love! Some of my friends got married last month. It was a beautiful wedding! And another one of my good friends is getting married in a couple months! It is crazy that so many friends of mine are already getting married, but I am so happy for them.


I finally decided that I am going to go to graduate school in the fall, which I am very excited about! A year (give or take a couple months) of working was more than enough for me. I always thought that working would be so much easier than school, because there's no homework. However you have to show up everyday (hopefully on time). And you cannot skip work (not that I ever skipped class ;)). And sometimes work gets repetitive whereas in school you are always busy and learning something new. I have enjoyed getting to spend time with my family and all my friends in Austin, and loved getting to meet all the amazing ladies that I work with! But I am ready to go back to school!


"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." Henry Ford

“Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.” ~ Leo Buscaglia


"The difference between school and life? In school you are taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson." ~ Tom Bodett

1 comment:

  1. Sri, I did the same thing you're doing (spent time working before going back for grad school), and it was really the best way I could have done it. Having worked (for about 3 years in my case) out in the world made me truly appreciate grad school even more than if I had gone straight through from undergrad. Congratulations and good luck on your next adventure! :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete